Friday 5 October 2007

Lothario Round 4

Lothario House

Don Lothario (G1, Romance, Top Slacker)
Nina Lothario (G1, Romance, 20 Woohoos)
Sophia Lothario (G2)

Last time in the Lothario House: Don questioned Nina about her new business “The Love Nest”. Nina revealed that she and Dina had seen Don by the lake on the night of Bella’s disappearance. Don denied responsibility for Bella’s death.

----- *** -----

It’s mid-morning and Don Lothario is just getting up for the day.

Don: Hmm… I wonder whether I should surprise Nina by popping into the Love Nest? She spends far too much time at that club of hers. Maybe it’s about time I stirred things up a little bit?



Don leans back enjoying the feel of the hot water around his body.

Don: Or maybe I should invite that nice Sophie Miguel around. It’s been a while since we’ve had any fresh blood in Pleasantview… But then again, maybe not. She is engaged to the Dreamer boy after all. *Sighing* Perhaps I’m getting too old for this game..?

Don eases himself out of the bath and starts to towel himself dry.



Don: It was so much easier in my bachelor days. The women were more experienced and understood the Rules. Ah… Bella… you taught me so much.

Memories of Bella flood into his brain and Don’s mood shifts from nostalgia to worry. The past has a habit of catching up with him. Don quickly dresses and checks his appearance in the mirror.



Don: Well, at least I still have my good looks and charm… But are those worry lines or laughter lines?

Don continues to examine himself until it’s time to leave for work.

----- *** -----

By the time Sophia’s birthday comes round, Don had forgotten his preoccupation with the past..

Sophia: Err… Dad… why does my stomach feel all funny? I think I’m gonna be sick…



Sophia spins as her family and the nanny look on.

Don: Congratulations, sweetheart! It looks like you’ve inherited the Lothario genes!



Nina: Excuse me? Those are Caliente eyes if I’m not mistaken.

As her parents bicker, Sophia rolls her eyes and disappears up to her bedroom. She has a set of new clothes she can’t wait to try on.

Many hours later, Sophia goes to find her father.

Sophia: Hey, Dad, thanks for all the birthday presents!



Don appraises his daughter approvingly; she reminds him of his late mother.

Don: I’m glad you like them, honey. You look gorgeous.

Sophia: Umm… There was something else I wanted to ask you. The thing is - I’d really like to go to Uni next year.



Don: Next year? But, sweetheart, you’re far too young.

Sophia: I’m not really. Bella went at the same age and I don’t see any point waiting. There’s so much I want to do. Please Dad.

As usual, Don gives in to his youngest daughter. He finds it difficult to deny Sophia anything.

Don: Sometimes it amazes me how I managed to produce two such intelligent and determined girls! OK, if it’s what you really want.

Sophia: Thanks, Dad. You’re the best!



Sophia hugs her father. She has grown into a financially minded sim, just like her half-sister, Bella Goth. Her life’s ambition is to reach the top of the Business career ladder.

----- *** -----

It’s Saturday and the Lothario family are at home. There’s a loud knock on the door and Sophia goes to see who it is. She is surprised to find a police officer standing on the doorstep. The officer pushes past Sophia and strides into the house.



Don: Wh…what’s this all about?

Officer: Don Lothario, I am arresting you for the murder of Bella Goth. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.



Don cringes as the officer reaches for the handcuffs. At this moment, Nina walks into the room.



Nina: What’s going on? I heard the doorbell…

Nina’s eyes fall on the handcuffs and her husband’s panicked expression.



Nina: No! This isn’t right. You can’t arrest my husband.

The officer says nothing but calmly leads Don from the room. Nina and Sophia look on in helpless bewilderment.

----- *** -----

The front door slams shut. Nina and Sophia stand motionless, both frozen by fear and shock. Sophia is the first to regain her wits.



Sophia: Mom, d’you know what this is all about? It must be a mistake, right? Dad can’t have done anything wrong.

Nina makes an effort to calm her terror and answer her daughter.

Nina: Of course, it’s a mistake, sweetheart. There’s nothing to worry about. I’ll call a lawyer and we’ll have this all sorted in no time.

Sophia: They said he murdered Bella Goth! But that all happened ages ago, why would they be arresting Dad? I don’t understand.

Nina: Nor do I, darling. But please don’t be scared. Come here…



Nina and Sophia embrace, each gaining comfort from the other. Nina fights to push all doubt and alarm from her mind. She is certain Dina must have something to do with Don’s arrest. Surely the police can’t have any physical evidence of Don’s guilt. Nina clings to her daughter, praying the nightmare will end.

----- *** -----


Contents Next

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh, is it false arrest, or new evidence? How can we wait to find out? I still wonder about the evil Mary Sue!

But BRANDI IS INNOCENT!

Anonymous said...

No! It can't be Don. He's not that mch older than Cass, and if Cass couldn't do it age wise, nor could Don. I still thinks it Cass. Evil woman. Either that or the nasty Darren Dreamer.

Unknown said...

Hmm! Interesting. Can't wait to find out what happens. Sophia is a beaut!

ASimWen said...

Don is arrested! I don't think he did it though.

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Well, since the one I originally thought was guilty may have an alibi, I'm putting my bets on Mary-Sue. Don's a wuss. He didn't do a thing, I think. Interesting that you have so many Fortune sims. Too band Don won't get a chance to visit the Love Nest. That would've shaken things up, hehe.

Bubbs said...

Why arrest him now? After all this time? Mortimer is dead....why now??