Friday 5 October 2007

Dreamer Round 4

Dreamer House

Darren Dreamer (G1, Knowledge, Mad Scientist)
Cassandra Dreamer (G1, Family, 6 Grandkids)
Dirk Dreamer (G1, Finance, Top 5 Businesses)
Sophie Miguel (G1, Finance, Top Medical)


Last time in the Dreamer House: Bella made friends with Sophia Lothario. Cassandra told Bella that Don Lothario was Bella’s father. Darren and Cassandra were married. Bella grew up and rolled Fortune.

----- *** -----

Dirk has returned from University and moved back home with his fiancée, Sophie Miguel. He is talking with his father in the living room.

Darren: Congratulations on your engagement, son.



Dirk: Thanks, Dad. You do like Sophie don’t you?

Darren: I think she’s charming. To be honest, I was relieved when you broke up with the Pleasant girl. I’ve never quite trusted that family. Whereas, Sophie is good for you. I’m sure you’ll both be very happy.



Dirk: I appreciate that, Dad. But what do you have against the Pleasants? Lillith and I are still friends and her Mom and Dad seem OK.

Darren: Hmmm… well, I don’t like to gossip. But, there’s talk around town about Mary-Sue. She’s been buying up a lot of real estate in Bluewater.

Dirk: But there’s nothing wrong with that! I hope to do the same one day.



Darren: You do? Well, be careful my lad. Rumour has it that Mary-Sue doesn’t take kindly to anyone opening a business in Bluewater. She doesn’t like competition, that woman.

Dirk: But a bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone. Besides, what can one woman do?



Darren: You’d be surprised. Mary-Sue wields a lot of power in Bluewater and she isn’t afraid to fight dirty. I’ve also heard she’s training up your ex-girlfriend as her successor.

Dirk: Lillith? She wouldn’t fight dirty. We took some of the same business classes at Uni. I’m sure I’ll have no trouble from the Pleasants.



Darren decides to let the subject go. He knows more than his son about the underhand dealings of the Pleasant family. But there’s plenty of time for Dirk to learn the ways of the world for himself.



----- *** -----

Cassandra has just found out about Mortimer’s death. Dirk is with her when she receives the telephone call.

Dirk: I’m sorry about your loss, Cass. Are you OK?



Cassandra: I guess so. Although I’ve been expecting this, it’s still a shock. I’ll miss Dad.

Dirk: I think all of Pleasantview will miss your father. He was an influential man and touched many lives. Will there be a memorial or funeral?

Cassandra: Alexander is making all the arrangements. But yes, there will be a memorial. It’s a shame he didn’t hang on long enough to meet his second grandchild.



Dirk: Grandchild? You and Dad are… having a baby?!

Cassandra smiles cautiously at Dirk. Daren had been reluctant at first – they were both old to be parents and the thought of bringing up a baby in their latter years was a little daunting. But at Cassandra’s pleading, Darren had eventually relented.



Cassandra: Yes, we’re having a baby. Do you mind? It may be a bit strange to have a new brother or sister.

Dirk: Of course I don’t mind. This is great news! Congratulations, Cass.



----- *** -----

Cassandra’s pregnancy progresses well and Darren adjusts to the idea of fatherhood. In fact, he’s now excited about becoming a father again.

Darren: Hello, little one, I’m your Daddy!



Cassandra: Oh don’t be silly, Darren, the baby can’t hear you.

Darren: Of course he can.



Cassandra raises an eyebrow.

Cassandra: He? So you think it’s a boy?

Darren: Yes, a fine strapping lad. A football star and Nobel prize winner!



Cassandra smiles indulgently. Darren is such a good husband and she knows he will be a wonderful father to their newborn. Once again, Cassandra thanks her lucky star for saving her from marriage to Don Lothario.

----- *** -----

It is dinner time and the Dreamers are discussing Dirk’s business plans.



Dirk: I can’t believe it. Every time I try to buy a business in Bluewater something happens to stop the sale going through.

Sophie: I know. I was amazed when we lost the Toy Store to a higher bidder. We were already paying over the odds.



Darren: Mmm… I think you may be coming up against the might of the Pleasant family.

Dirk: No way, Dad! They can’t own all of Bluewater. The last store we lost due to a legal technicality. Mary-Sue couldn’t possibly have predicted or arranged that.

Darren: I think she could. Mary-Sue Pleasant has her finger in many pies, and I think she controls most of Bluewater one way or another.



Sophie: But how does she do it?

Darren: I’m not sure but I suspect her methods aren’t entirely above board. Look, I think you should forget about owning a Bluewater business. I’d hate to see you get mixed up in anything nasty.

Dirk: I appreciate your concern, Dad. But I’m not giving up. I will build a business empire one way or another.



Sophie: Maybe we could buy elsewhere? How about Sim City? There are some great business opportunities downtown.

Cassandra: That’s a marvellous idea! You could build up your own business empire well away from the Pleasants. What d’you think Dirk?



Dirk: Well… I hate to let Mary-Sue have everything her own way. But perhaps it would be easier to start out elsewhere. Then, once we’re established, we could try again in Bluewater.

With that agreed, the family conversation turns to other topics.

----- *** -----

Dirk arrives home from work and hears a commotion in the Living Room.

Cassandra: Ahhh….. Eeeee….! For god’s sake, do something Darren.



Darren: Err… right. Just breathe nice and deep… That’s it. Well done…

Cassandra: *Through gritted teeth* And stop patronising me… Oh, god, here comes another contraction. Aggghhhhhh!!

Darren looks on helplessly as his wife endures the first pains of labour. He’s not sure whether to remain silent or keep encouraging his wife. He is relieved when his son joins him in the room. However, Dirk takes in the situation at one glance and immediately turns on his heel. Darren reaches out to stop him.

Darren: Oh no, son. You have to stay and watch. One day it’ll be your turn and it’s good to be prepared. Right?

Darren grins evilly at his son. Dirk nods miserably and stands by his Dad to lend whatever support he can. Both are relieved when Cassandra eventually produces a healthy baby boy.



Cassandra: Oh look, a boy! Let’s call him Dylan.

----- *** -----


Contents Next

5 comments:

avp9423 said...

Aww, Cassy looks so happy!

SpongebobTanu said...

ooo evil Mary Sue. Awww, yay, anohter baby!

ASimWen said...

Ah,the might of Mary Sue. Gad..I think her last name, 'Pleasant' doesnt describe her at all....

Infinity-Nevermore said...

I really wonder if that's all Mary-Sue or if there's some Lillith mixed up in there. Yay, a baby! The matching pajamas were cute. Too bad for Dirk that the Pleasants are entrenched in Bluewater; the Downtown lots are expensive.

The Heat Miserette said...

You know- I missed the first rounds (I really need to go back and read - this is so good!). I love Cass with Darren. Such a sweet couple.

Those darn Pleasants are so darn unpleasant.