Monday 24 September 2007

Lothario Round 3

Lothario House

Don Lothario (G1, Romance, Top Slacker)
Nina Lothario (G1, Romance, 20 Woohoos)
Sophia Lothario (G2)

Last time in the Lothario House: Don took a vacation to escape Pleasantview and the police. Nina moved in after an argument with her sister. Don discovered that Nina was pregnant and spontaneously asked her to marry him. Baby Sophia was born.

----- *** -----

Don and Nina are relaxing in the bedroom.

Don: So how’s business? You seem to spend a lot of time down there.



Don is referring to Nina’s new business, “The Love Nest”.

Nina: Oh, it’s going well.

Don: Hmm… I saw an old friend of yours at the weekend.

Nina: Oh, yes? Who?



Don: Kennedy Cox. He asked me whether I’d visited The Love Nest. I didn’t like his tone of voice. Like he knew something I didn’t.

Nina: Err… That’s odd. But then you know Kennedy. He always likes to make out he’s better than everyone else.

Don: So, when am I going to be invited? I know it’s a members’ only club – but surely your own husband should be granted membership? It’s been open a while now and from the buzz around town, you’re already doing rather well.

Nina: Oh, Don. You know how I feel. I really don’t want you seeing the place until it’s a big success. I want you to be proud of me.



Don makes a non-committal grunt. He doesn’t believe a word of it. He knows Nina too well and has strong suspicions about the real purpose of Nina’s “members-only club”.

----- *** -----

It’s evening and Don and Sophia are enjoying a meal of spaghetti and meatballs. Nina is at work.

Don: So how was your play date with Bella yesterday?



Sophia stuffs some food into her mouth and looks up to answer her father. She has inherited Don’s sloppy manners.




Sophia: *Talking with her mouth full* Great, Dad. We helped Bella’s Mom make cookies and then Bella taught me how to play chess.

Don: Hmph. Chess?! Well, as long as you had fun… And what do you think of Bella's Mommy?

Sophia: She’s okay. She’s a better cook than Mom.

Don chuckles to himself. Yes, Cassandra is definitely a better cook than Nina. But Nina has different talents, not that he intends to share such information with his daughter.

Don: So, you like having a big sister.



Sophia: Oh yes! I wish Bella could come live with us.

Don: *Smiling wishfully* Me too. But I don’t think Bella’s Mommy would like that.

Don stares into space, remembering Bella’s last visit. It’s been an unexpected pleasure spending time with his oldest daughter. He knows Cassandra isn’t comfortable around him and is tolerating his company for the sake of the children. But at least Bella is growing up and soon will be old enough to make her own decisions.

----- *** -----

Sophia is asleep and her parents are cuddling together on the sofa. After a pleasant few moments, Don moves away.



Don: I saw Dina yesterday and she practically ran away from me. I tried to catch up but she jumped into a taxi.

Nina says nothing but looks uneasy.

Don: Look, Nina. It’s been a long time now and you still haven’t explained why you and Dina fell out. Don’t you think it’s about time you told me?



Nina sighs and glances miserably up at Don.

Nina: It’s difficult, Don. I’m just not sure how you’ll take it.

Don: Ah, come on, Nina. It’s not like you and I don’t understand each other. I think I deserve to know. Dina used to be a friend of mine as well but now she won’t even look at me.

Nina: Well… The thing is… we fell out over you.

Don: Me? Wait a moment… this isn’t about… you know… sex.

Nina laughs bitterly.



Nina: No. If only it was that simple. We both knew your reputation and we wouldn’t fall out over something like that. No, it’s about… Bella Goth.

Don: Bella?! What on earth are you talking about?

Nina: Don… Dina and I were there by the lake the night Bella disappeared.

A look of concern and fear flickers across Don’s face. Nina decides to press on.

Nina: We both saw you, Don. We saw you and Bella arguing. It was you, wasn’t it? It was you who… who killed Bella.

Don panics. How can this be coming back to haunt him? He has endured and survived questioning by the police. Now here is his wife accusing him of murder. Not for the first time, Don wishes he’d never become involved with Bella Goth.

Nina is watching Don closely and sees the pain and fear in his eyes.

Nina: So it’s true – it was you! Deep down, I had always believed it wasn’t… Dina wanted to tell the police but I persuaded her not to. That’s why we fell out – Dina didn’t want to remain silent any more.

Don doesn’t reply. Nina begins to weep quietly to herself. For years, she has been trying to forget the events of that fateful night. She just couldn’t believe Don would do such a thing. Nina thinks of her daughter, Sophia, and a feeling of dread creeps over her.

Nina: *Crying desperately* Don, please, speak to me. Tell me it was an accident. I know you didn’t mean to do it. Don… say something… please…

Don: It’s OK, Nina. It wasn’t me. I wasn’t the one who killed Bella. Yes, I was there that night, but I didn’t harm Bella.



Don’s voice is surprisingly calm. Nina gulps back her tears and looks up hopefully.

Nina: You didn’t? You promise? Do you swear on Sophia’s life?

Don: I swear… on Sophia’s life… I did not hurt Bella Goth.

Nina hesitates. She wants to believe Don. She must believe him - for her own sake and for her daughter’s. Don puts his arms around Nina and stares into her eyes, willing her to trust him. Nina sighs, Don is her husband for better or worse, and she will stand by him.



----- *** -----

Contents Next

3 comments:

javajan32 said...

I love the picture of Sophia eating the spag.

Don is one of my favorite sims from pleasantview.

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Aww. Even though he's a heartbreaker who pees in the shower, he's a good dad. Don, Don, Don. You're never going to the Love Nest. I think my vote just might have fallen throught the floor. Darn.

ASimWen said...

I don't think Don would kill any of his lovers....lol