Thursday 20 September 2007

Dreamer Round 3

Dreamer House

Darren Dreamer (G1, Knowledge, Mad Scientist)
Cassandra Goth (G1, Family, 6 Grandkids)
Bella Goth (G2)

Last time in the Dreamer House: Darren made Mad Scientist and proposed to Cassandra. Dirk became close to Sophie Miguel and left for Sim State University.

----- *** -----

Cassandra has just picked Bella up from school.

Cassandra: So, how was your day, sweetie?

Bella: Great! I made a new friend. She just started at school today. She’s younger than me but she’s really cool.

Cassandra isn’t really listening; she’s concentrating on the road and planning what to cook for dinner that evening.



Cassandra: Hmm… she sounds nice.

Bella: Yeah, she is. Can I ask her round to play some time?

Cassandra: Of course you can, sweetheart. What’s her name?

Bella: Sophia. Sophia Lothario.

At the name Lothario, Cassandra loses her concentration and narrowly avoids crashing the car. They are nearly home and so Cassandra carefully pulls into the driveway before turning to her daughter.

Cassandra: Did you say Sophia Lothario?

Bella: Yeah, that’s right. D’you know her?

Cassandra sighs. She’s been putting this conversation off for some time. She takes a deep breath and smiles cautiously at Bella.

Cassandra: No, I don’t know Sophia. But I know her Daddy.

Bella: Really? I’ve seen him once, he looks nice.

Cassandra smiles grimly and pushes on.

Cassandra: Yes. His name is Don Lothario. He and I were once engaged to be married.

Bella: Engaged? But you’re engaged to Darren.

Cassandra: It was a long time ago, before you were born. We decided that we didn’t love each other enough to be married and so we went our separate ways. You see… Don Lothario is your father.



Bella gasps and says nothing as she processes this new and surprising information. Suddenly she grins up at her mother.

Bella: So that means Sophia is my sister?!

Cassandra: Er… yes, that’s right. Sophia is your half-sister.

Bella: Cool! I always wanted a sister.

Cassandra: So, you’re OK with this?

Bella: ‘Course I am. I have a sister! So, can Sophia still come round and play?

Cassandra briefly closes her eyes. She’s been avoiding Don for so long now, it’s become a habit. But this habit had to be broken, for Bella’s sake. Casandra opens her eyes.

Cassandra: Of course you can, I’ll call and invite her round this afternoon.

----- *** -----

It’s the day of Darren and Cassandra’s wedding. The guests are gathered on the terrace.



Darren: I, Darren Dreamer, choose you, Cassandra Goth, as my one and only. I vow to love you through sickness and health, through the good and the bad, through richer and poorer. I love you with all my heart and always will. This is my solemn vow.



Cassandra: From this moment, I, Cassandra Goth, take you, Darren Dreamer, as my husband and best friend for life. I pledge to honor, encourage, and support you. When our way becomes difficult, I promise to stand by you and uplift you. With every beat of my heart, I will love you. This is my solemn vow.



The guests applaud. Some of the women compare the ceremony to their own recent nuptials.



Brandi: *Thinking to self* Ahhh…. That was beautiful. I wish Remi and I could’ve afforded a wedding like this. Cass is so lucky…



Nina: *Thinking to self* Hmmm…. Very nice, but what a waste of money! If I’d planned a wedding like this, I’m sure Bill would’ve done a runner long before the vows.



After the ceremony, the wedding guests move around the house, enjoying the plentiful music, food and champagne. During a quiet moment, Alexander takes the opportunity to talk to his sister.

Alexander: Hey, Cass, I know it’s your wedding and all. But I wanted to talk to you about Dad. I’m worried about him.



Cassandra: What d’you mean, Alex?

Alexander: He’s always talking to himself… and to Mom. It’s as if he’s living in the past.

Cassandra: Well... The last few years have been hard on Dad. The investigation into Mom’s death has been dragging on and I think it’s tough to be continually reminded of his loss... of our loss.



Alexander sighs and nods.

Alexander: Yeah, I think about Mom a lot too. I wish I’d known her longer. All I can remember is her smell and watching her get ready for a night out.



Cassandra: Yes, I miss her too. I wish she could be here today.

Cassandra looks melancholy and Alexander leans forward to give her hug.



Alexander: Hey, sis, don’t be sad. This is your wedding day. I shouldn’t have said anything. Come on, let’s go dance.

----- *** -----

After the wedding, Cassandra, Darren and Bella settle back into daily life. Bella’s friendship with Sophia Lothario intensifies and Cassandra manages to maintain a civil if not warm relationship with Don. Bella is growing up and already dreaming about her future. On her thirteenth birthday, Bella makes an announcement.

Bella: Weyhey, here goes…



Bella develops into a striking teenager.



Cassandra: Congratulations, darling. And what do you want out of life?

Cassandra crosses her fingers, secretly praying her daughter hasn’t inherited Don’s romantic tendencies.

Bella: Well… I’ve always loved animals. I think I’d like to breed working pets.

Cassandra: Err… That’s an unusual career. Are you sure?

Bella: Oh, yes! I’m sure. But that’s not all – I also want to make lots and lots of money!

----- *** -----

Contents Next

5 comments:

Infinity-Nevermore said...

I forgot all about Sophia. I'm glad Bella didn't have a falling out with her mother over not knowing who her father was before. I liked the wedding: quaint and simple. And Cassie makes a lovely bride. So will Alex be moving back home? It would be appropriate. Fitting that a Goth descendant would be a Fortune aspiration. And she's beautiful, to boot.

Kerry said...

There's a lot going on in Pleasantview--I can hardly wait to see how it all works out. Mortimer is definitely losing it, though--poor old Morty!

Unknown said...

Bella did turn out beautiful. You have a fantastic way of making me want to change my vote with almost every post!

SpongebobTanu said...

Bella is a spitting image of her mother!

The wedding was beautiful

ASimWen said...

Yes, Bella is a spitting image of Cassies. Cassie and Darren. Great that they are getting together.