Tuesday 4 September 2007

Broke Round 1

Broke House

Brandi Broke (G1, Family, Golden Anniversary)
Dustin Broke (G1, Finance, Top Criminal)
Beau Broke (G1)

----- *** -----

Dustin arrives home from school to be confronted by his mother.

Brandi: Stop right there, young man!

Dustin: *Rolls eyes* What’ve I done wrong now?

Brandi: What’s this I hear about you bunking off school and failing classes?



Dustin: Aw, come on Mom. You know it’s been tough since Dad died. What with holding down a job and keeping up with my school work. I’m doing my best.

Brandi: Oh no! You’re not going to talk your way out of it that easily. I know you’re worth more then D grades and I don’t want you ending up like me and your Da. Besides, I’m going back to work and so you can give up that dreadful job of yours. I don’t want you mixing with that crowd any more. I’m sure they’re all criminals.



Dustin: But Mom I like my job and I’m good at it. Look, I’ll do you a deal – if I get better grades then can I keep my job?

Brandi: Hmm… we’ll see. You have one week to turn your grades round and then we’ll decide. And one more thing – I don’t want you seeing so much of that Pleasant girl. I don’t trust that family.

Dustin starts to protest but his Mom has already walked off

----- *** -----

Later that day, Dustin is talking outside to Angela Pleasant.

Dustin: Listen, Angela, it’s a bit tricky right now. My Mom is on the warpath and so I can’t invite you in.

Angela: But Dustin, I bought that movie you wanted to see. I thought we were going to have an evening in together.

Dustin: Yeah, I know. I’m sorry. Please don’t look so miserable – I’ll see you at school tomorrow. Now, how about that kiss you promised me…



Dustin and Angela are interpreted by screams of shock.

Angela: What the..?

Dustin: I dunno – but I best go and make sure Mom is OK. See you tomorrow!

Dustin rushes inside, to find Brandi staring at her stomach in shock.



Brandi: Oh, Dustin. You surprised me.

Dustin: Mom, you’re not…

Brandi: Pregnant again? Err, looks like I am…

Dustin sighs heavily and goes to his room, leaving Brandi cradling her stomach and smiling to herself.

----- *** -----

6 months later. Brandi is talking to Remmington Harris, the new maid.



Brandi: Here you go Remmington, you’ve been such a help. I don’t know how I’d manage without you.



Remmington: Mrs Broke, you mustn’t. I mean, you don’t have much. That is you should be saving for the baby. I mean… I’m sorry, I didn’t insult you did I?

Brandi: *clutching her stomach in pain* No, no not at all. Oh god – quick call a doctor. I think the baby is coming!



Remmington looks round in panic and reaches for the phone. But he’s hardly finished dialling the number for emergency services when…

Brandi: Oh look – another boy! I’ll call him Joe.



Remmington looks on in wonder while Brandi cuddles newborn Joe.

Remmington: *thinking to self* Now that’s what I call a fast birth! Hmm… I’d never noticed before, Mrs Broke looks quite beautiful with a baby in her arms.

----- *** -----

Months pass and Brandi relies on Remmington more and more. Then one day…

Brandi: Remmington, leaving so soon?

Remmington: Well, I’m all done here, Mrs Broke.



Brandi: Why don’t you hang out for a bit? The kids are at school and we have the place to ourselves… And please, call me Brandi.

Remmington: OK, I’d like that, Brandi. You know…

Brandi: Yes?

Remmington: You know – I think you have a beautiful smile.

Brandi: Why thank you!

Brandi moves closer, gently touching Remmington’s forearm. There’s a moment of awkwardness and then…



Remmington: *Sighing contentedly* I’ve wanted to hold you like this for such a long time.

Brandi: Oh, Remmington, this feels so perfect…

The scene fades.

----- *** -----

That evening, Brandi calls Dustin and Beau into the kitchen.

Brandi: Kids, I have something to tell you. I’ve asked Remmington to move in with us.



Beau: *sounding confused* The maid? But why?

Brandi: Well, he and I have… grown close and…

Beau: Ewww…. Gross! You and Remmington?

Brandi: Yes, he’s a kind man and he’s good for me. Your father has been gone for many years now and I think we’re all ready to accept someone else into our lives.



Beau: Yeah, but he wears rubber gloves! Even when he’s eating! I’ve seen him – he never takes them off.

Brandi: Well maybe that’s one thing we can change about him. But I want you both to be nice, OK?

Dustin: Sure Mom. I’m really happy for you *Dustin hugs Brandi and makes a fast exit*.



----- *** -----

Brandi is chatting in the kitchen with her friend, Nina Caliente.



Nina: So you’ve heard the news?

Brandi: What news?

Nina: They found Bella Goth. Her body was discovered at the bottom of Pleasantview Lake.



Brandi: Bella? Dead?

Nina: That’s right. They’re treating the death as suspicious. I can hardly believe something like this has happened in sleepy old Pleasantview. I thought you’d want to know.

Brandi: *Defensively* Why would I care what happened to Bella?

Nina: Aw, come on Brandi! I know you hated Bella because of the way she treated you.



Brandi: OK, you’re right I didn’t like her. But I never wished her dead. Oh, I hope this doesn’t mean trouble for Pleasantview…

----- *** -----


Contents Next

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh this is so much fun. I also loved Four Corners Clue, but I think I like this one even better. And Cassandra looked so young with that makeover and in that pose - ok, wrong entry to type that but it stuck in my head all the way through :)

aerisblue2000 said...

Yay .... Brandi and Remmington. I really like Brandi, she was the first sim I think I ever played in Sims 2. Please don't let her be responsible for Bella's death. The only mystery she's involved in is whether she will ever give birth to a daughter.(I'm trying desperately hard to stick up for you Brandi!) Loved the update, keep them coming ;)

SpongebobTanu said...

aww, this is such a sweet story. i always liked Brandi.

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Brandi was always such a nice girl. I find it hard to believe she killed Bella. I hope the only mystery she's involved in is whether she and Remi make it official. At least Dustin said he's going to try to bring up his grades.
Alright, I think I'm finally ready to vote.

javajan32 said...

I'm with the others Brandi has to much on her plate to have time to get rid of Bella. Since Bella was getting friendly with Don, it seems that one of the Caliente sisters are responsible. I can't remember which one was after Don. The other was after Mortimers money.

Kerry said...

LOL--this is getting so interesting! I'm with the "pro-Brandi" group, though--I like her too. In my game, she married...dah dum...Don Lothario! And they had a daughter. I still don't have a firm opinion about the killer, though!

Unknown said...

I always liked Brandi, in my current incarnation of pleasantview she has a lovechild with John Burb. (Hey John is a family sim, she's a family sim, Jennifer wants to work, John wants babies, as long as Jennifer doesn't find out he's screwing Brandi everybody is happy) It's a girl btw to the person that wanted to know if Brandi ever has girls.

ASimWen said...

Yeah I don't think Brandi did it. She is too busy to think about knocking off someone that might have bad mouthed her a coupla times.